Sunday, May 3, 2015

Old Cowtown Museum

About a month ago I spent a morning waking around our Old Cowtown Museum. I sat on a bench across the street from the Dry Goods/Clothing store and sketched it. While I was sitting there sketching, this pretty girl decided to join me. After rubbing back and forth against my leg for a minute she curled up for a nap in the corner next to my bench. I think I made a new friend. :)


I finished my sketch of the building, leaving the coloring of it for when I got home. This day was such a beautiful, sunny day that I really enjoyed the morning walk around the streets, peeking in each building to take a few pictures. I didn't take pictures inside the saloon because you can actually grab a sandwich and drink there and it was occupied by a family doing just that. I didn't think they'd appreciate me intruding and taking their picture. 

Cowtown is larger than I remembered. The streets went around in a circle (or square). As you come in you pass the church on your left and the old shack on the right, keep going to the end of the street and turn left at the pharmacy, you'll pass the livery stable and the meat market, then turn left again at the train depot, you'll pass some houses and then arrive at the schoolhouse, and end up back where you started. 

Here is a video of some of the pictures. I took a grip load of pics so I couldn't include them all. 



Here is a of sketch from my sketchbook:



2 comments: